We are currently hiring for summer 2022 a Nurse Assistant and a Maintenance Staff member. See information about each job below. To apply or see full job descriptions email: email@example.com
Under the guidance and oversight of the Camp Nurse, the Nurse Assistant is responsible for first aid care for campers and staff, dispensing of medications, checking health and cleanliness standards, inventory of supplies, and maintaining health documentation in compliance with camp policy and regulatory requirements. This position supports the overall mission to assure a positive camping experience for youth in a safe, constructive, and welcoming environment.
1) Assists with the verification and record keeping of health forms and information for all staff and campers in accordance with policy and regulatory standards.
2) Assists with the secure handling and dispensing of prescription medications in an accurate and timely manner according to prescribed dosages and frequency.
3) Performs basic first aid as required, to include but not limited to:
- Cleaning and disinfecting cuts, scrapes and abrasions.
- Tick checks and removal.
- Treating insect stings and bites, sunburn, and skin irritations.
- Applying bandages and compresses.
- Administering basic over the counter medications as permitted by health forms.
- Providing observation and care to those resting/recovering in nurse’s cabin.
4) Provides guidance and elevate situations that need medical attention beyond what can be handled in camp. Identify best course of action: clinic, hospital, 911, etc.
5) Practices safe handling and storage techniques for medicines and medical supplies.
6) Maintains recordkeeping and accurate inventory of first aid supplies on hand.
- Assures that appropriate stock levels are maintained to fulfill summer needs.
- Recommends purchases to replenish stock.
- Checks and monitors expiration dates to assure usage prior to expiration.
- Properly disposes of expired medications
7) Policy and Procedures: Abides by policies, procedures set forth in the Staff Handbook.
8) Preparing for End of Season
9) Other duties as assigned by camp leadership.
- Current enrollment in nursing, EMT, medical assistant or other healthcare related program.
- Minimum Work Experience
- Prior experience with pediatric care preferred.
- Experience in first aid and/or emergency management services.
- Current CPR Certification.
- First Aid Certification (Advance level highly desirable).
- Valid Driver’s License
The Maintenance Staff is responsible for sustaining a safe, well-maintained and clean environment for the operation of camp. This position adheres to a regular schedule of assigned tasks as well as responds to emergent requests and participates in special projects. Positive interactions with both
the staff and camper population is expected. This position supports the overall mission to assure a positive camping experience for youth in a safe, constructive, and welcoming environment.
1) Completes all duties listed on daily schedule and maintains daily upkeep of grounds, structures, tools and equipment with minimal supervision. Takes initiative to fix or maintain problem areas. Keeps records/checklists of tasks performed.
2) Performs basic maintenance duties that may include but are not limited to:
- Small carpentry projects.
- Changing filters/light bulbs/etc.
- Fixing plumbing clogs and leaks.
- Monitors daily water usage at pump house and reports any variances.
- Screen repairs/replacement.
3) Performs basic groundskeeper duties that may include but are not limited to:
- Clearing downed branches.
- Trail maintenance.
- Prepares for weekly campfire taking all safety precautions.
- Removal or cutting back of overgrown plants or bushes.
4) Performs basic janitorial duties that may include but not limited to:
- Proper removal and disposal of trash and recycling.
- Maintaining cleanliness of pool and replacing filters.
- Picking up any trash or litter around camp property.
5) Appropriately operates motorized or electrical equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
6) Responds to emergent or weather related situations as needed.
7) Practices safe handling and storage techniques for hazardous materials such as gasoline, oil, cleaning fluids, paint, etc.
8) Policy and Procedures Abides by policies, procedures set forth in the Staff Handbook.
9) Preparing for End of Season
10) Other duties as assigned by camp leadership.
- High School Graduate.
- Prior or current enrollment in property management or building trades’
related educational program preferred.
- Prior experience in the trades (carpentry, plumbing, general
maintenance, etc) or property management highly desirable.